Saturday, June 18, 2011

Breakfast Scramble

It's Father's Day weekend and I am home with the family which means great vegan meals all weekend! This morning I made my favorite breakfast scramble from 'The 30 Minute Vegan' by Mark Reinfeld and Jennifer Murray. There are tons of different recipes for tofu scrambles but I really like this simple recipe to start and then you can add whatever veggies or spices you want.


1 1/2 T. olive oil
1 C. yellow onion, chopped small
4 medium-size garlic cloves, pressed or minced
1 pound extra-firm tofu, crumbled into large chunks
3/4 t. paprika
3 T. nutritional yeast
1 1/2 t. soy sauce, or to taste
sea salt and black pepper


Start off with heating the oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Next add the chopped onions and garlic and cook until the onions are soft, around 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Next add the tofu. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the remaining ingredients and coook 3-5 more minutes. Next I added a big handful of spinach, a tomato chopped, 1 t. oregano, and a small bunch of fresh basil from my parent's garden.


We had a lovely breakfast with a nice fruit salad with cantaloupe, blueberries, and blackberries


Yummmm I love being home! good food and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment