Monday, December 13, 2010

Mushroom pasta

During exam week food is usually the last thing on everyones mind and I usually end up eating out a lot or eating animal crackers for dinner. After a long day at the library and a very difficult exam I wanted something delicious and luckily we had some mushrooms in the fridge and I thought why not try to make something delicious. My room mate had told me about these irresistible mushrooms she had at thanksgiving a few years ago and it was just simply button mushrooms sautéed in worcestershire sauce. I decided to put my own spin on this and use what I had so this is what I came up with.




1/2 a package of White mushrooms
a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for some heat
olive oil
worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup bow tie pasta or as much as you want

This was only a single serving so if you want to make more just use more shrooms and pasta and use a little more sauce for marinating.

Put a pot of water on the stove to boil for the pasta while you are preparing the mushrooms. I don't usually wash my shrooms I just brush off any dirt or peel back any of the dirty spots. Then heat up the oil, worcestershire sauce and let the red pepper flakes heat up so the oil can absorb some of their heat. Next throw in the mushrooms, I left mine whole, and sautéed them in a fry pan with the olive oil, worcestershire sauce, and pepper flakes. let them cook on medium low until they are a darker color and a little bit smaller. Be careful how early you start cooking them because I had a hard time resisting them and ended up eating half of the mushrooms before the pasta was even done!



Next throw the pasta in the boiling water and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or however long your pasta package recommends. You can taste a bow tie and see if there done around 7 minutes if you like your pasta al dente. Then toss with the mushrooms after draining the pasta and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment